Whether you’re planning a renovation in 2023 or just want to keep up with what’s new in interior design, here are the bedroom trends 2023! From colors to styles to decoration – we have now summarized everything that is to come next year for you.
- 1 The most important bedroom trends for 2023
- 2 Bedroom trends 2023: two ideas for your bedroom design
Of all the rooms in your home, the bedroom is perhaps the most personal. It is your private sanctuary where you can relax, switch off and show off your individual style. With a view to the year 2023, it will continue to be a main concern to make this room cozy and individual. In order to achieve a comfortable, individual feeling, elements such as sustainable, high-quality materials and expressive styles will also be increasingly in demand in the coming year. Here we introduce the top bedroom trends to watch out for in 2023.
The sleeping area is dedicated to relaxation, so it has to be cozy and relaxing. When the coronavirus pandemic forced us to spend more time at home, creating a calming retreat became a top priority. Functional sleeping furniture is becoming more and more important and in the coming year the digital bedroom will be further developed as a trend of the future. Beds, mattresses and mattress systems with smart additional functions that influence the quality of sleep should become more and more popular and find their place in the modern bedroom.
Sustainability is an important topic everywhere in the house and already influences our choice of furniture, colors, household items and much more. However, since we spend a large part of the day in bed, the use of natural, environmentally friendly materials in the bedroom is particularly important. The number of companies that rely on sustainable raw materials and environmentally friendly production is growing all the time, which brings us one step further on the way to the “green” bedroom.
In terms of furniture and materials, glass, wood and stone will be the most valued in the coming year 2023 because they are environmentally friendly and very customizable. Furthermore, we expect more and more bedding that is made from organic fabrics, recycled materials or sustainable fibers.
Although soft, neutral colors such as white and gray will always be popular due to their calming effect, warmer, bold tones are becoming increasingly important as bedroom colors. The hottest colors for the coming year include orange, caramel, moss green and burgundy red, which actually correspond to the general trend towards earthy, nature-inspired colors that can be observed throughout the house. In the bedroom, you can add a splash of color with warm, rich tones on the bed linen or on the walls, or start with small accents such as pillows, throws or bedside table accessories.
While you may be hesitant to cover your entire living room with lavishly patterned wallpaper, the bedroom is a more private space in which you can dare to experiment. To beautify your own bedroom in 2023, you can opt for eye-catching wallpaper, combine patterns on pillows and bed linen or cover the room with a graphic rug.
To give your bedroom a little more cosiness, you can use plush pillows and soft, luxurious textiles and decorate them with objects that give you a feeling of calm and comfort, such as scented candles, favorite books or family photos.
Quality often requires some investment, but when it comes to comfort, more and more people tend to spend more money. This trend is also related to sustainability. Because well-made, high-quality furniture and textiles are more durable than trendy, inferior items. When investing in your bedroom, consider which purchases would have the greatest impact. For example, a new mattress or pillow can improve the quality of your sleep, while a luxurious bed sheet set can make you feel like you are in a fancy hotel.
Bedroom trends 2023: two ideas for your bedroom design
The Scandinavian furnishing philosophy is based on two pillars – simplicity and hygge. That is the feeling of comfort and coziness. The most luxurious bedroom interior designs 2023 are Scandinavian-style bedrooms with a touch of Japanese trends, so-called Japandi. If you want to follow this trend in bedroom decor, here are some rules to keep in mind:
- Use colors like beige, gray, blue, and white. It is best to choose a main color and combine it with different shades, adding small elements from other colors as well. Light colors reflect the light and make the room appear larger and brighter.
- Add wood – preferably in the form of floorboards or wall panels. If you have an attic bedroom, 2023 is the best time to showcase a wooden beam. Don’t forget the wooden furniture either – in light tones and with slightly rounded edges.
- Choose natural materials. Bed sheets, bedspreads, carpets and pillows should ideally be made of wool, cotton and linen. Inexpensive pieces of jewelry made of ceramic, wood or glass are well suited for decorating.
Art Deco patterns are fun and playful – something everyone craves after being cut off from relationships with family and friends for so long. Art Deco design emerged after the First World War from the newly discovered optimism, the hope for the future and the willingness to realize bold new ideas. The style emphasizes functionality, modernity, glamor and elegance and is characterized by rich colors, gold, geometric lines and exaggerated curves. As people crave fun and positive change, we are seeing a resurgence of this style and can expect it to be found in wallpaper patterns and textiles. This is how it can be used in the bedroom trends in 2023:
- Combine subdued shades with bright, extravagant colors. Use white, beige, gray, powder pink and black as the basis for interior design. Combine these classic tones with azure blue, emerald green and fine gold.
- Geometric patterns give the room a sense of lightness, which does not, however, mean any sharp edges. The design of the bedroom in 2023 will be dominated by round and oval shapes. Complete your bedroom with round mirrors, oval stools and armchairs or round Art Deco cushions.
- Velvet goes best with oval shapes. Present it in your bedroom as a cover material for furniture or as a designer accessory. Beds and armchairs upholstered in plant green, powder pink or sea blue velvet will look great.