When choosing a general style solution for a room, the design of the ceiling plays an important role. Designers offer a variety of options to create a complete, elegant look for a modern interior. The ceiling 2023 concept is based on the use of innovative decorative elements, interesting textures, and sophisticated shapes in the finishing of ceiling surfaces.
- 1 Fashion trends in the design of ceilings 2023
- 2 Varieties of modern ceilings for houses and apartments 2023
- 3 Fashionable ceiling design 2023 – choice of materials
- 4 Ceiling lighting – modern trends 2023
- 5 Beautiful ceiling 2023 – design secrets
It should be noted that in the trend of the 2023 season, there are many interesting variations in the finishing of the ceiling surfaces.
The ever-improving tension and suspension structures do not lose their relevance. In this direction, the basic feature is not the intricacy of configurations, as it was fashionable several years ago, but the original placement of light sources, which creates a non-standard catchy effect.
Interesting options are obtained when selecting lamps of different colors for mounting. They color the ceiling plane in different tones, and also reproduce fancy mesmerizing patterns.
Another modern trend is the zoning of premises using multi-level suspended ceiling structures. Ideally, the visual boundaries are repeated in the flooring solution.
Stretch ceilings do not lose their popularity, while snow-white panels are in fashion, but supplemented by 3D elements and lighting.
Stylish ceiling design 2023 for home and apartment can be done in the following options:
- Mirror effect. To get an original decorative entourage, the element does not need to make the entire ceiling mirrored. It is enough to lay reflective silver elements on a small area of the ceiling.
- Carved ceiling. The original solution of the ceiling surface looks great with the help of openwork or strict geometric carving. This element of the interior brings a unique touch to the atmosphere of the room, making it modern and stylish.
- Textiles. Such an unusual solution may appeal to people with dynamic thinking, striving for extraordinary variations in the design of their own home. Cozy fabric ceilings always attract attention.
- Geometry. A bold design option involves the use of laconic clear lines and strict geometric shapes on the upper plane. This design goes well with such a dynamic and revolutionary style direction as the loft.
- Windows. This finish is typical for attic ceilings. He is invariably popular when creating the interior of country houses. Windows are often placed on slopes. If desired, they are supplemented with translucent air curtains or openings are made in the form of a hatch, porthole.
- Painting. This is a very interesting option for decorating ceiling surfaces, but in order to obtain the expected aesthetic effect, it is important to entrust this action to professionals with special skills in art painting.
Advice! You can independently arrange a small area using ready-made stencils. Such work requires accuracy and does not tolerate haste. Combines painting often with additional decorative elements – volumetric or flat, which enhance the overall perception.
- Photo printing. This technology is used with an infinite number of variations on stretch ceilings. Images can be selected in the manufacturer’s catalog or ordered independently. Due to the high quality printing, the patterns are realistic, rich in shades.
With the right selection, a photo-printed ceiling brings into the space a feeling of incredible freshness, comfort and home coziness. The most popular themes are images of a cloudy or starry sky, as well as floral motifs.
The ornament looks interesting, passing from the ceiling plane to a part of the wall. This solution allows you to elegantly zone the space, introducing an unusual decorative element into it.
When choosing options for finishing the ceiling, they are guided not only by fashion trends, but also by the functionality of the room, as well as personal preferences. Consider that there are several types of this surface.
The traditional white ceiling does not lose its relevance in 2023. To refresh the surface, use chalk, lime mortar or water-based paint. Color can be added if desired.
The ceiling with wallpaper attracts with the ability to level the surface without the use of complex operations. By choosing a plain wallpaper for painting, you can, if desired, change their shade.
Fits organically into almost any interior. It goes especially well with country style, loft, rustic, eco. A trendy 2023 wooden ceiling in a well-chosen color scheme will look appropriate in a Scandinavian style.
Serves as a great option, hiding any defects in the ceiling surface. The stretched panels create a perfectly flat plane.
The first option for finishing the ceiling is a frame structure, which is filled with specialized panels in a certain order. A slatted ceiling will decorate rooms with high ceilings.
First, a frame made of metal or aluminum is equipped, which is sheathed with drywall sheets. Making a beautiful ceiling 2023 from suspended structures will require certain building skills.
For a practical and elegant ceiling design, the construction market offers a wide range of modern materials with high decorative characteristics. Their choice is based on taking into account the characteristics of the premises. With sufficient height, tension, rack and panel structures can be used.
For rooms with low ceilings, preference should be given to finishing options that do not reduce the volume of the room. It can be painting, wallpapering, whitewashing.
Choosing a beautiful design of ceilings 2023, they pay attention to the materials that are constantly noted in the list of fashionable modern finishes:
Water-dispersive, water-based paint
This material is environmentally friendly. It attracts with a low price, is easy to apply, and allows you to diversify the color spectrum of the coating. Among the minuses, there is a short service life. After 2-3 years, the ceiling surfaces must be painted again.
Perfectly levels any roughness, unevenness and height differences. It is necessary to choose options with a vinyl or polymer coating, which imparts good moisture-resistant qualities.
The material is environmentally friendly, but after installation, it is required to apply a putty to the joints and paint. Fastened to a frame, therefore not suitable for low ceilings.
They use panels made of dense, durable PVC film. You can choose an option from a mesh material that is impregnated with polymers. The advantages of stretch ceilings include obtaining perfectly flat planes, the ability to easily mask the defects of the rough ceiling.
On a note! Stretch ceilings are resistant to moisture, good sound and heat insulation, long service life. Among the minuses, there is a rather high cost.
Such panels are attracted by their light weight, the possibility of mounting on an adhesive layer. They are wear-resistant, have good heat-insulating characteristics, and do not deform at temperature extremes. Among the disadvantages are the fragility and low vapor permeability.
This sustainable material never goes out of style. It allows you to create a feeling of coziness and comfort in any room, has good sound and heat insulation, and attracts with the unusually aesthetic structure of the resulting surface. Among the advantages of wooden ceilings is a long service life. They select material impregnated with special compounds against fire and the appearance of fungus.
The construction market offers high-strength wood-fiber sheets with a variety of decorative surfaces that can imitate wood, leather, stone, and have a wide range of colors. For installation, a frame made of wood or metal is required.
This material attracts with its low weight, good moisture resistance. It does not deform during temperature fluctuations, durable. It is easy to look after him.
The placement of lighting fixtures on the ceiling should be thought out at the preparatory stage before repairs. This will help any space to give a modern, elegant, unique look. In the arsenal of designers creating trendy interiors, there are several of the most relevant lamps.
This classic version is recommended for small spaces. Can be mounted not only on whitewashed or painted ceilings, but also on multi-level structures. In modern interiors, the chandelier is placed not only in the center of the room. You can highlight a specific interior accent with a stream of light pouring down from above, for example, a fireplace area, a dining or work corner.
Such lamps are mounted in order to illuminate part of the room, for example, they are installed to highlight the kitchen area or to highlight the dressing table, green corner, resting place, workplace. Ceiling design 2023 with this kind of lighting will look more luxurious.
This option gives the room more space. There are outdoor and built-in appliances. They are mounted on suspended and tensioned structures. The order of placement can be very diverse, while unusual combinations are created on the ceiling, emphasizing the originality of the interior solution.
Equipped with such a lighting element hidden ceiling lighting. If you mount the tape around the perimeter, you get the effect of a floating plane that increases the height of the room. Can be stacked in cabinets to illuminate the interior. Used in the kitchen to highlight a beautiful apron. There can be many options, but tapes are not recommended for use in a bathroom with high humidity.
The main criterion for the selection of lighting devices is the ceiling structure. If these are suspended ceilings, then spotlights and chandeliers are suitable. For stretch canvases, spotlights are often used that do not deform the film. For the chandelier, in this case, a hole is specially made, which is then masked with a special overlay.
Always when choosing a ceiling finish, you need to focus on proven techniques that are becoming especially fashionable in the upcoming season.
- Neutral light shades on the ceiling visually make the room more spacious and high. If there is a desire to apply bright accents, then it is recommended to concentrate them on a small area, which will not allow the room to be overloaded with unnecessary color details.
- The glossy surface, which diffuses light well, creates an amazing effect of infinite three-dimensional space.
- If a decision is made to make them on a plasterboard frame in a room with high ceilings, it is recommended to arrange LED strips around the perimeter. Their flickering creates the illusion of an increase in the overall volume of the room.
The completeness of the overall style of each room will depend on how fashionable and beautiful the design of the 2023 ceiling will be. It is worth thinking through all the decorative elements to the smallest detail, if the decision is made to make the ceiling plane extraordinary, bright, modern and fashionable.