That is why it is so important to make your home as comfortable, stylish and functional as possible. We will tell you in this article what fashionable interiors 2023-2024 should be taken into account for furnishing a house or apartment.
Top 5 trendy interior styles 2023-2024
If you are seriously thinking about changing the design of your apartment, first of all, get rid of those details that have no practical purpose. “Only the right things!” – this is the slogan of 2023, so minimalism and other styles bordering on it come into fashion.
- In addition to minimalism in 2023-2024, designers recommend giving preference to the following areas.
Create an exclusive style, an experienced designer will use the main trends inherent in the most popular trends in the interior of 2023. Most often this list includes:
- space functionality;
- maximum light and air;
- environmental friendliness of materials.
So, let’s look at what trends that are relevant for the most fashionable trends can be safely used in the interior of 2023-2024.
The desire for a healthy lifestyle and surrounding yourself with natural, high-quality materials is very relevant today.
For eco-style, the basic rules are:
- use of natural materials (stone, wood);
- natural, natural shades;
- a lot of greenery (vases, vertical gardening);
- solid wood or rattan furniture;
- a combination of a stylized lamp with a multi-level lighting system (there are no classic massive chandeliers that draw attention to themselves).
The modern world is tired of synthetic materials, the fast pace of life and constant stress, so people are increasingly drawn to nature. As a consequence of this – the need to surround your home with natural materials, natural motifs, plants. Small details that visually enliven the style are not forbidden, but they must be functional and really necessary.
The interior does not necessarily need to be kept in the same style. A combination of adjacent directions or a slight deviation from the main style is allowed. Scandinavian style and fusion, loft and minimalism, boho and vintage, provence and country mix well with each other. There are many options, the main thing is to remember that the atmosphere should be conducive to relaxation, be simple and concise.
Industrial style is widely used today in the design of urban apartments and office space.
Among the main features of loft interiors:
- open plan;
- division of space into separate zones using decorative partitions or color accents;
- characteristic wall decoration: brickwork, rough plaster, open pipes;
- functional furniture, taking into account the peculiarity of the geometry of the room;
- combinations of antiques and innovative technologies;
- non-standard solutions in decor: graffiti on the walls, abstract drawings, posters, etc.
Loft is a style of industrial design, provocative and democratic at the same time, includes deliberately rough details, ostentatious simplicity. It is characterized by the absence of wall and ceiling decoration, wooden or stone floors, large windows, an abundance of spotlights, simple and inexpensive furniture.
Perhaps one of the most popular trends today, actively integrating into various styles: Scandinavian, oriental, eco…
Among the characteristic features of minimalism, it is worth noting:
- minimum partitions and maximum space;
- large windows or thoughtful lighting that provides the appropriate effect;
- simple geometry of furniture without pretentious finishes and decor;
- plain walls (textured plaster or wallpaper imitating it is possible, but without patterns);
- vertical or horizontal blinds instead of textile curtains;
- the presence of reflective surfaces;
- materials: glass, chrome, ceramics, stone (natural or artificial) plastic.
High-tech style is perfect for those who seek to surround themselves with innovative solutions.
Among the elements characteristic of high-tech, it is worth noting:
- the most functional equipment and its stylish modern design;
- the presence of reflective surfaces;
- materials: metal, glass and plastic;
- multi-level lighting, as well as futuristic lighting fixtures;
- transformable furniture;
- glass partitions.
High- tech style, which has become popular with the development of technological progress, is characterized by an abundance of light, simplicity in details, the absence of bright colors and artsy decor, the use of metal, plastic, glass. Priority is given to functional household appliances, rather than gizmos dear to the heart.
Cozy, laconic and offering an incredibly many interpretations for creating a comfortable space in a large country house or a compact small apartment, the Scandinavian style is popular in many countries.
For this direction, the basic components are:
- white base, against which any bright blotches look especially elegant;
- natural materials: stone, wood with minimal processing, ceramics, glass;
- large windows, which are decorated with either transparent fabrics or blinds;
- complex light schemes in lighting;
- furniture of simple geometric shapes;
- live plants in flowerpots and flowerpots.
The style of the Scandinavian style involves the use of cold shades (gray, white, blue) with a couple of yellow accents. Light, wooden elements, exposed brick, a fireplace and an animal skin on the floor emphasize the energy of the Nordic character and the natural “wildness” of the atmosphere.
Fashion trends in the interior of 2023 call for experimenting with colors. So, at the peak of popularity will be bright and fresh shades – turquoise and mint. Psychologists recommend them as a remedy for stress, promoting peace and harmony. A few details in the interior are enough – curtains, a rug with geometric patterns, upholstery of upholstered furniture – and the room will take on a cozy and stylish look.
In the coming season will be relevant:
- a combination of white, gray and graphite with bright splashes of any shades;
- warm pastel shades, from sand to cream;
- colors of natural greenery, from pale light green and mint to a rich shade of young foliage and even dark green;
- blue scale: cheerful aquamarine, muted gray-blue, noble and deep classic blue.
One of the most trendy shades that have nothing to do with everyday life is honeysuckle. An intense pink with a reddish tint, it sets you up for positive, enlivens the space and becomes a bright, life-affirming accent. You can use it anywhere, but it looks most luxurious and stylish on furniture with velvet upholstery.
Important! At the planning stage, it is worth compiling the main palette of your future interior, choosing companion colors to implement the idea.
The hot mustard color is still relevant, adding coziness and warmth to the room. The most suitable place for its use is the kitchen, as it stimulates the appetite and sets up communication with loved ones, for example, over a cup of tea.
When creating your own design project for decorating a house or apartment in 2020 and 2023, it is worth considering in the interior not only the current trends in trendy styles, but also fashionable colors.
The fashionable shade of Marsala does not leave the pedestal, which will be an excellent design solution. Due to the soft tone, the room seems cozier, and the combination of Marsala shade with neutral ones will make it respectable and solid.
Of course, no one forbids breaking the rules and deviating from these recommendations. Often this is how fresh non-standard ideas, new directions and exclusive designs are born that impress everyone with creativity and originality.
Yellow and gold are back in fashion as a loud statement of a positive attitude towards life. The use of these colors in the interior is a bold and extravagant idea.
The main thing is not to burden the interior with unnecessary details, rich colors and accent decor elements.
- Read also what apartment interior fashion trends are returning in 2023.
As mentioned earlier, the emphasis in interior design in 2023-2024 is on natural materials. No imitation and fakes, only expensive and high-quality textures:
- natural wood;
Cotton, silk, linen, leather are used as decoration. At one time, fabric wallpapers, which lost the palm to practical washable ones, returned to fashion.
These textures have a number of undoubted advantages. They are durable and safe, aesthetic and create a special, indescribable atmosphere. For many people, the use of natural materials in their home is a symbol of status and security, because they are not cheap. However, here it is necessary to observe the golden mean: the excessive use of natural materials creates ostentatious luxury that is incompatible with the dominant style of 2023 – minimalism.
Furniture and lighting trends 2023-2024
In accordance with the fashion trends of 2023-2024, the furniture is quite simple, with clear geometric lines. Beds, sofas, armchairs have classical forms, without decorative elements. If it seems to you that a room furnished with such furniture looks too strict, add a pair of chairs with openwork backs, a round table with chrome trim to the interior.
Minor deviations from the general concept will only add coziness to the room:
- colorful pillows;
- huge poster;
- family photos in neat metal frames.
But do not confuse minimalism with asceticism!
As for lighting, the more light in the rooms, the better. The room must breathe, so it is advisable to expand the space to the maximum. This effect is given by numerous spotlights, the light of which is reflected on mirror and glossy surfaces.
Important! In 2023-2024, the so-called mono interiors are no longer relevant, in which all the elements are clearly and scrupulously selected, since fashionable design solutions most often contain a mix of several styles.
The value of a designer is in the ability to combine elements inherent in different areas and get a functional, comfortable, and, most importantly, fully compliant space.