Competently thought-out interior design is a guarantee of comfortable well-being and feeling of oneself while staying in it. This review will focus on the interior design trends of 2023. What interiors will be fashionable are the main secrets and what you need to know about the interior in 2023.
Interior design is an extremely important aspect in the life of all people, without exception. Therefore, it is permissible to start creating it on your own only in that situation if you have confidence in your own abilities. In other cases, it is logical and advisable to use the services of a professional designer.
Key Trends and Trends 2023
The main trends in interior design in the previous and this year can be characterized as follows. Designers highlight the main trends in modern design.
- Natural colors and environmentally friendly materials. This is especially true of apartments, houses and offices located in megacities, where forests and fresh air are sorely lacking. The trend is green and brown shades, as well as yellow and blue solutions. Among the materials, stone, wood and even straw are popular.
- Technological solutions. Modern people use more and more smart devices in the process of organizing ventilation, air ionization, space ergonomics, lighting. Large household appliances are being replaced by small electronics.
- Minimalism. Now it is not fashionable to clutter up the space with unnecessary furniture and decorations. On the contrary, it is customary to make room for a feeling of freedom and flight. Therefore, massive wardrobes were replaced by dressers, and huge upholstered furniture – simple sofas and chairs with upholstery throughout the area, light armchairs.
- Comfort is more important than beauty. First of all, this applies to furniture. No matter how expensive and rich it looks, it is important how practical and comfortable it is in everyday use.
- Diversity. Instead of buying a headset, you should consider purchasing pieces of furniture separately, while they should be small and perfectly combine with each other.
These rules apply to all areas of a dwelling or commercial space.
The impact of the pandemic on interior design in 2023
Basic design decisions have changed in the wake of the epidemic that began in 2020. The psychological moment deserves special attention. The fact is that with the onset of the pandemic, many people were forced to be at home 24 hours a day, and a beautiful interior became of particular importance to them. After all, it is known that only certain colors and objects in a room have a beneficial effect on the psyche.
As for the second point, it is practical. In this regard, the following trends have emerged:
- light background, visually expands the space and gives a feeling of warmth and freedom;
- access to fresh air by organically decorating a balcony or loggia, and in their absence – a window sill;
- rounded shape of surfaces, pieces of furniture, decorations;
- unique and inimitable solutions with their own stories;
- organization of a workplace for comfortable and productive remote work.
Before starting a repair on your own or with the help of a designer, you need to pay attention to these points.
What styles are trending in 2023?
Interior design today is a rather controversial moment. It all depends on the personal preferences of the residents. Someone likes calm solutions, others, on the contrary, are chasing non-standard options for space design. The main thing is that every family member, being in the room, feels comfortable, his work process is productive, and his rest brings comfort.
Here is a list of the most popular styles of 2023:
- maximalism with an abundance of furniture and decorations, and in different shades, but this solution is not suitable for everyone, only for owners of spacious apartments and houses;
- minimalism with the reduction of useless parts and thinking over ergonomics;
- Scandinavian style with a minimum of furniture and light solutions;
- eco-direction with natural materials;
- Asian (Chinese or Japanese) style;
- Gothic with clear lines and the ability to create a business environment;
- baroque for connoisseurs of luxury.
As you can see, design trends have remained virtually unchanged.
Trending interior colors 2023
The most trending shades can be divided into 3 groups. First of all, these are light colors – white, beige, cream, etc. Neutral solutions that have a calming effect on the nervous system are in demand – all representatives of the pastel palette. And also the colors of nature – the tones of the blue sky, yellow sun, green grass and so on.
This is especially true for the floor and walls, which act as the main background of the living space and set a specific direction.
What does a designer need to consider in 2023?
The main criteria that must be taken into account in the process of interior design are neutrality of colors, a minimum of details, and well-thought-out lighting. It is also worth installing a lot of mirrors to visually expand the space, to achieve maximum practicality and ergonomics.
Upholstered furniture in 2023
The arrangement of furniture is far from the only aspect that deserves attention. Before starting this process, you need to decide on her choice:
- in the bedroom it is enough to put a bed and a small wardrobe / chest of drawers, sideboards;
- in the living room – set a table, TV, sofa with armchairs;
- in the office, you need to take care of the desktop and chair, shelves for documents (in the absence of a free room allocated for it, these devices are placed in the corner of any other room);
- in the kitchen, special attention should be paid to the windowsill, making a stand for plants or a shelf for storing inventory out of it; instead of a large table, you can put a bar counter, saving space.
Thus, design solutions in 2023 are quite interesting and diverse, so that every owner of an apartment or house will be able to choose the best solution for himself. Trends are aimed at saving space and getting closer to nature. Thanks to their observance, even the smallest apartment can be turned into a mansion, and it will resemble a cozy house in a village.