Color in the interior of any room is an important criterion that creates an atmosphere. The trend palettes of 2024 are strikingly different from what has been suggested before. Pastel, soft shades were supplanted by a combination of warm, scorching tones and cold colors. This material contains the main color trends proposed by popular trendsetters. Each company has a huge impact on the aesthetic preferences of the masses and determines the main paint color trends 2024.
- 1 WGSN&COLOUR
- 2 BEHR
- 3 PANTONE
WGSN (Worth Global Style Network) is considered one of the world leaders in forecasting popular trends and trends. The company’s recent release is its own Color color scheme, which is already recognized as a worthy competitor to the legendary Pantone. The Color palette consists of an impressive list of colors with unique seven-digit numerical codes. In 2024, WGSN considers the following colors to be the most trendy.
A versatile soft cream shade with subtle sun-yellow blotches that perfectly accompanies cold and warm tones.
The magenta tone has some property with the color already present in the Behr palette in 2021 called “Fuchsia”. A distinctive feature is glimpses of a soft pink hue. Color has a strong energy in combination with sensuality and tenderness. It is positive, bright and looks great on any textures.
A soothing and relaxing pale green tone with a silvery yellowish undertone, especially favored by designers. This shade is perfect for creating a peaceful atmosphere in living rooms and bedrooms.
Despite the juicy, warming brightness, this yellow-orange shade does not cause irritation. Color experts recommend accenting with mango sorbet for an extra boost of energy and strength. It is good to use it in offices, living rooms and kitchens.
The color of the Atlantic is a very deep, watery and serene shade that perfectly combines light and dark blue. Designers use it in high-tech, loft and neoclassical styles. The tone perfectly conveys the depth of space, is combined with different textures and can be an excellent background for using other combinations.
The tone perfectly conveys the warmth of tree bark, earthy coolness and confident notes of dark chocolate. It is used as a base color for flooring, textile accessories and furniture. Pairs well with buttercream, olive oil and atlantic blue.
Green quartz has become a trendy shade for ECO style lovers and those who appreciate the coolness of tropical forests. The dark green tone shimmers, conveying the depth and energy of nature. It can be used as a background, diluted with decorative and interior elements made of natural materials.
The orange dahlia is slightly milder than the mango sorbet, but that doesn’t diminish its intensity. The shade harmoniously conveys the flames in the splendor of the August sunset, soft tones and diffused color overflows. It is very positive and energetic, can be used as an accent or main tone in rooms where any work is being done.
Military gold is an interesting shade with a harmonious combination of darkened precious metal and khaki notes. The color is great for accessories. Easily used as a basis for creating compositional accents. It harmonizes well with olive oil, natural brown and Atlantic blue.
Previously considered too naive and childish, a rich and chilly pink shade is now at the peak of popularity. It is used by designers around the world, looks great on expressive textures, is present as accents in the interiors of bedrooms and living rooms. Help: The Color palette is universal to use. With it, you can update your wardrobe, accessories, interior and furniture. Trendy solutions will help create a bright, fashionable image of a person and a house.
The company has been supplying the American and world construction market with interior and exterior paints for over 70 years. The brand has great authority and can create its own color trends, which are very popular with designers in 2024.
According to Behr, the main color of 2024 is Breezeway (“transition”) or Sea Glass Green (“sea glass”), combining pale bluish-green hues with ringing crystal blotches. It feels like a breath of fresh sea air, a constant unobtrusive breeze, symbolizing the transition from the physical to the higher. Designers advise to combine the shade with gray, white and natural wood color. In addition to sea glass, the company’s experts have identified 19 more shades that can be divided into groups.
Neutrals are great as primary colors that evenly fill a space. The Behr fashion palette is represented by:
- white whisper – a soft, relaxing shade of white, allowing you to get rid of problems and enjoy peace;
- lunar surface – cold gray with silvery tints, perfectly frames the spaces of offices and living rooms;
- nightingale – similar to the wing of a bird of prey, soft and deep gray;
- the perfect penny is a bright brown that fades into ceramic;
- wild mustang – a harmonious combination of brown and cold gray;
- ground pepper – black with an unexpressed gray undertone.
Light shades are able to create smooth contrast in the interior, without sharp transitions and attacks. Harmoniously combined with brighter shades. The Behr palette is represented by the following colors:
- burnt brick – fits perfectly into the country and farmhouse interior, is an unsaturated combination of brown and orange shades;
- etched glass – gray with blue made in a watercolor manner;
- processed clay – dried in the sun, clay of a natural light brown tone;
- corn stalk – light yellow shade of low saturation;
- wave crest – cold blue, diluted with a green undertone;
- after the rain – dusty – blue without additional accents;
- linden – harmonious and natural brown;
- laurel – a calm combination of gray and green shades;
- persistent – a cross between khaki and traditional olive.
Saturated and deep tones are used to create an accent, attract the eye of the observer, become a point of attraction in the interior. The Behr palette includes:
- shade explorer – bright color of the sea wave, illuminated by the sun;
- dark cobalt – blue smoothly turning into purple;
- lingonberry punch – the tone of a berry drink, bright and appetizing;
- abyss – deep blue combined with green, absorbing attention and bewitching look.
Reference: The Behr palette reflects the idea: My home is my castle. Each shade creates a sense of security and comfort. Natural natural accents make you immerse yourself in an atmosphere of serenity, envelop in a haze of calm and warmth.
Pantone is considered to be the leader in fashion transsets. The company’s palettes never disappoint and are a go-to dessert for designers all over the world. In 2024, the company presented a range of 19 shades that are already used for interior design. The most important and harmonious palettes are presented below.
Reference: The company’s experts were inspired by the aesthetics of the 60s and 70s when creating this color scheme. All shades have absorbed the rebellious spirit of that time, perfectly convey the optimism and energy of the era. Mostly warm earthy tones modernized by blending with beiges, natural greens, soft whites and hints of burnt orange.
The palette is presented:
- the shade of the baby’s breath is soft and innocent white;
- sheepskin – harmonious brown;
- olive branch – natural green with a pastel shade;
- orange ocher – positive brick orange.
Reference: The abbreviation reflects the whole era of the 1990s and early 2000s with a sharp explosion in the popularity of the Internet, globalization and the availability of information.
The concept of the Y2K palette is based on a mixture of technical innovations from the beginning of the millennium and current pop culture trends. Primary colors include:
- purple rose – pale fuchsia, balancing between coldness, neutrality and brightness;
- pink aurora – a shade that accurately conveys the color of chewing gum;
- ibiza – technological blue, clean and energetic;
- after midnight black – the most immersive black.
Reference: The concept of the palette was a reliable reflection of the culture of the East – minimalism and attention to detail, simplicity, relevance of each item. The color scheme is dominated by natural shades, spiced with imperfections, like the handicrafts of ancient masters. The Pantone palette includes the following natural and neutral color combinations:
- green lily – a watercolor mixture of green and air blue;
- olive branch – a shade borrowed from the nostalgia palette;
- pale perfection – a color that reflects the grandeur of ancient sculptures;
- the inkwell is a velvety black, great for framing details and geometry.
Reference: The conceptual feature of the palette is the transfer of the warmth of the desert, the magic of orange, which encourages you to create, enjoy life, and enjoy heartfelt experiences. A harmonious combination of the magic of natural desert landscapes, ethnic patterns, textures of leather and wood, heavy fabrics and white accents created a new unique color scheme from Pantone. Among the main shades can be distinguished:
- tomato paste – terracotta orange, reminiscent of desert ridges at sunset;
- winery – burgundy color of old wine;
- radiant yellow – a warm shade that warms at midday;
- soybeans – a color that harmoniously combines gray and beige, plunging into peace and bliss.
Reference: The main task of the company’s experts when creating this palette was the embodiment of the warm, southern atmosphere of the Mediterranean coast. Cool Scandinavian minimalism has been replaced with an affectionate and catchy spirit of Italy. An abundance of light and air, natural fabrics, traditional ornaments, tiles, handmade tiles were combined to create a new and cozy color scheme. Its main shades are:
- daylily – a combination of warm yellow with orange;
- olive branch;
- clear sky – cloudless and bright blue;
- sea glass – a watercolor mix of green and matte blue.
Reference: A new positive understanding of life in a cocoon was embodied by specialists with the help of light, warm and feminine shades. The atmosphere of maternal care, the use of curved lines, tactile materials, combined in the interiors of safe and autonomous homes. The dwellings of the future have become like an ecosystem, where each component functions in harmony with the whole. To express this idea, the following shades were used, partly taken from previous color schemes:
- child’s breathing
- purple rose;
- pale perfection;
- perfect gray – stable gray, without overflows.
Every company that introduced their palette trends in 2024 is an expert in the field. Professionals should be trusted, because the color in the interior is not only a way to convey an idea, visualize the mood, but also a solid guideline that determines our well-being at a particular moment. A harmonious combination of the previously indicated shades gives a wide scope for creativity, allows you to create an interior that conveys a new time, in which it is comfortable to be.